[Dovecot] Change to Maildir format (Was:Corrupted Mail?)

Arthur Dent arthurdent.london at gmail.com
Fri May 30 09:25:28 UTC 2014

Well, with thanks to everyone on this list I have now successfully (I
hope) switched from mbox to Maildir format. Moreover I am now using
dovecot-lda to deliver.

I went step by step, and tested it with just one account before opening
up the whole system.

I had to rewrite my procmail recipes twice because I first changed them
to:
| /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d mark -m .MLists.Fedora/

but after testing with the Maildir format up and running I found that
they had to be:
| /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d mark -m MLists.Fedora

I will now leave it running for a couple of days. I will keep an eye on
the logs, but I hope that I have now seen the last of the "Error: Next
message unexpectedly corrupted ..." messages!

Thanks again for all the help. Much appreciated!

Mark