[Dovecot] dovecot: lda(foo): Error: User foo doesn't have home dir set, disabling duplicate database

Christian Hoffmann christian at lehrer-hoffmann.de
Sat May 31 17:57:11 UTC 2014

Am 31.05.2014 19:50, schrieb Pascal Volk:
> On 05/31/2014 05:35 PM Christian Hoffmann wrote:
>> Hello Pascal,
>>
>> but I didn't configure a userdb with driver=ldap. There is only one
>> userdb with driver=static and I assumed, that every user gets the same
>> uid, gid and a valid home directory.
>>
>> Are there some circumstances, that different passdb-drivers treated in
>> special relation to userdb-drivers? Like, one have to configure a
>> userdb-driver=ldap if one uses a passdb-driver=ldap. But the
>> passdb-driver=pam looks into userdb-driver=static. That is the part, I
>> do not understand.
>>
>>> [*ToFu*]
> What is the output of commands `doveadm user -f home foo` and `doveadm
> user -f home  bar`?
>

> Regards,
> Pascal
Here it is:

root at ods2:~# doveadm user -f home foo
doveadm(root): Error: user foo: Auth USER lookup failed
doveadm(root): Error: userdb lookup failed for foo
root at ods2:~# doveadm user -f home bar
doveadm(root): Error: user bar: Auth USER lookup failed
doveadm(root): Error: userdb lookup failed for bar

Greetings
Christian