Best practise for deleting with Thunderbird

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Nov 8 18:33:36 UTC 2014

Am 08.11.2014 um 19:18 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> Am 08.11.2014 um 19:15 schrieb Reindl Harald:
>
>>> Am I in the wrong place with my questions?
>>
>> yes - this is a server list
>
> I asked for a possible config change on the server side as well ;-)

not use different namespaces - but that likely is no solution

>> you just have two options in a mail-client
>>
>> * delete immediately * move it to trash folder
>>
>> move in case of thunderbird is always copy+delete
>>
>> that's how it works
>
> Yep, thanks

looks like TB tries a atomic rename (depending on the server
capabilities) which could do a fallback to copy/rename in case of a
message - doing that for a whole folder i dangerous - in case the folder
may contain 5000 messages

mayboe you could configure TB trash to a local folder instead keep it on
the server (as long you control all clients) - may also help against
users deleting junk but never empty trash :-)