automatically create Spam mailbox

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Fri Nov 14 01:01:24 UTC 2014

> On Nov 13, 2014, at 5:34 PM, Tamsy <dovecot-list at mohtex.net> wrote:
>
> Cliff Hayes wrote on 14.11.2014 06:01:
>> I am trying to set up dovecot to automatically create a Spam mailbox for every user.
>>
>> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailboxSettings shows how to do this but not what config file to put it in so I assume 10-mail.conf.
>> When I put it in there as follows...
>>
>> namespace inbox {
>>  mailbox Spam {
>>    auto = create
>>    special_use = \Junk
>>  }
>> }
>>
>> ... I get the following error ...
>>
>> doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf line 107: Unknown setting: mailbox
>>
>> How do I create the mailbox?
>
> Try:
>
> namespace inbox {
>  mailbox "Spam" {
>    auto = subscribe
>    special_use = \Junk
>   }
> }

I have:

namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Drafts {
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox NotJunk {
    auto = subscribe
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
}

Which I think is working as expected. I mean, other than the obvious that no one will ever put any email into NotJunk for auto training, instead they complain about false positives in their Junk and do nothing to alleviate the problem…

but I sense I’m careening off the rails into a rant…

--
I have a love child who sends me hate mail