Optional mail attribute in ldap

Alexandros Soumplis soumplis at ekt.gr
Mon Nov 17 12:51:25 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am using an ldap database (active directory) for dovecot
authentication and I am trying to change the mail location for some
users only, thus any mail should be delivered to the default location
unless the ldap query returns a successful result which defines the mail
variable.

I have chosen the AD atttribute "otherMailbox" and added for the
required user the value "=mail=mdbox:/newmailboxes/%Lu/".

It seems not to work and mails still get delivered to the default
location. Any suggestions ?

a.