inbox parameter is ignored within location config for public namespaces?

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Mon Nov 17 14:22:40 UTC 2014

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014, Dieter Knopf wrote:

> Is there really no way with a symlink or something like that? Not sure
> if i can configure the root path in clients like Thunderbird...

I tested the following:

cd /home/vmail/foo.eu/bos/MAILDIR
ln -s .INBOX/* .

- -> BOS becomes selectable, actually the LIST response changes from:

* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "." BOS
- -to-
* LIST (\HasChildren) "." BOS

You have "INBOX" still, but my version of Thunderbird does not select
"BOS", because it tries to select "BOS.BOS".

mkdir .BOS
chown ... .BOS
cd .BOS
ln -s ../{do*,new,cur,tmp} .

makes BOS selectable for Thunderbird, but now you have 3 INBOXes ... .

- --
Steffen Kaiser