how to recover mails - dovecot 2.2.13

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Thu Nov 20 08:33:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

I still have a messed up user account, with no mail client (appl mail,
thunderbird, sogo) mails show up as expected. Folders look empty, some
have something in it, but cant access the mails.

My idea is, to move the users mal folder, let him regenerate the
folderstructure from scratch and than reimport the old mails.

Question: We use maildir. Can I just copy the "old" mails from e.g.

user-backup/Maildir/curl/*

user/Maildir/curl/*

Or which steps are needed? rebuilding any index or something etc ....?

	Thanks very much for any suggestion!

	Regards . Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt