spam folder and POP users

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Nov 21 08:34:20 UTC 2014

Am 21.11.2014 um 08:50 schrieb Frank Elsner:
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:29:05 -0500 Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> I am using roundcubemail for the webmail IMAP client.  Is there any way
>> for POP users to indicate that they do not want spam so nicely auto
>> moved to the IMAP spam folder?
>
> Mixing POP and IMAP is really bad due to many reasons.
> Peopla always complain "where is my mail" when using a web interface
> after they have POPped at home.
>
> You should consider to switch off POP. POP is for people living in caves

no - it's for non-technical people not understanding that the trash
folder also lives on the server and just delete messages aka move them
in a different folder don't solve the quota warning

we sometimes consider to switch IMAP off if there would not be a few
accounts where it really makes sense and not only work and problems

that said from somebody with currently 40 shared IMAP folders using it
heavily