Migrate Separator and prefix

Hanns Mattes hanns at hannsmattes.de
Sat Nov 22 15:56:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm thinking of changing the separator form "." to "/" and also to allow
only folders under INBOX, changing the Prefix.

I have to dovecot-servers, which are synched by the replication plugin.

My idea is to switch off Server B, make the necessary config-changes,
delete all user maildirs, restart the server an let replication do it's
work. After that (and correcting the sieve-rules of the users if
necessary), I'd stop server A, delete, restart, resync.

My idea is, that this will avoid dealing with subscriptions files and
change them to reflect the new INBOX-Structure.

Is this going to work at all and/or is there a better way for the wanted
migration?

Thanks in advance

Hanns