Help with shared folder

Gianluca Calloni gianluca.calloni at jodovit.com
Mon Oct 6 12:49:31 UTC 2014

Hi dovecot guru..

I need some help configuring shared folder in my server..

This is the situation:

DOVECOT 2.0.19

with POSTFIX - CLAMAV - AMAVISD - SPAMASSASSIN

This is the production server and sharing folder between user work..

But i need some explanation..

1) It's possible to share only a subfolder (E.G. => .INBOX.ESTERO) without
share the main folder .INBOX?

2) Which is the best way (or best practice) to manage the dovecot-acl and
dovecot-acl-list file?? Actually, i modifiy the dovecot-acl by hand (vi
editor). but every time i modify it  i need to restart the dovecot server to
apply the configuration. And i need to reset the /var/run/dovecot/dict owner
and group cause with dovecot restart the file go back in root:root owner -
group

Thank's in advance.

Gianluca