dovecot replication (active-active) - server specs

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Thu Oct 9 17:24:06 UTC 2014

On 09.10.2014 12:35, Martin Schmidt wrote:
> So we want to make a new system. We desire the new system to use
> mdbox format ( bigger files, less I/O)

Be sure to enable compression when do do that move (you'd have to do
pretty much the same migration again if you enable it later) as per
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Zlib

Just in case: You'll probably also want to increase mdbox_rotate_size
from the default 2m to something along the lines of 10m to 100m (This
also only affects new files so should be done early)