[Pigeonhole Sieve interpreter] :create argument and lda_mailbox_autosubscribe setting

Vivien Lacourba vivien at w3.org
Wed Oct 8 12:13:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am using dovecot and dovecot-sieve packages from Debian Wheezy
(2.1.7-7+deb7u1).

I noticed that while using ":create" (from the mailbox extension) in my
Sieve filter and "lda_mailbox_autosubscribe = yes" in Dovecot's LDA
config it automatically subscribes to the destination mailbox even if
that mailbox already existed.

Reading Dovecot's documentation and the mailbox extension RFC it seems
subscription should happen only if it is a newly created mailbox and
should not happen if the mailbox already existed.

[[
3.2. ":create" Argument to "fileinto" Command
(...)
If the mailbox already exists, this argument is ignored.
(...)
]]

/etc/dovecot/conf.d/15-lda.conf
[[
# Should automatically created mailboxes be also automatically
subscribed?
lda_mailbox_autosubscribe = yes
]]

Also I noticed that if I don't use ":create" in my filters and instead
set "lda_mailbox_autocreate = yes" in Dovecot's LDA config, then this
time the behavior looks correct as the automatic subscription will only
happen for a newly created mailbox.

Thanks,
Vivien

--
Vivien Lacourba                      World Wide Web Consortium
Systems & Network Engineer           http://www.w3.org