2.2.14rc1 - dsync in backup mode still changes source permissions

Peter Mogensen apm at one.com
Fri Oct 10 08:05:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

It seems we are still able to reproduce this:
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2014-May/096367.html

However... there's no longer any error-messages. It just silently
changes permissions on some dovecot files in the source maildir. (most
often dovecot-uidlist)

We're running dsync as root, with hardwired userdb values for other
reasons. So it has the OS permissions to change source. But still,
running in "backup" shouldn't change source ever, should it?

The command line is of this format - running on destination-host:

# dsync -R -o mail_home=/users/user/maildir backup ssh -c arcfour -o
StrictHostKeyChecking=no -i /root/.ssh/id-rsa-dsync source-host "dsync
-o mail_home=/users/user/maildir"

/Peter