2.2.14rc1 - dsync in backup mode still changes source permissions

Peter Mogensen apm at one.com
Sat Oct 11 06:51:41 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-10 23:52, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> It's not doing any changes to mailbox contents, but it's still updating the index/uidlist files as part of its normal operation.

I doesn't actually seem to change content of the files. Only
permissoins. But given that the docs says (or rather "said") explicitly:

"No changes are ever done to the  source  location."

I would expect operations on the "source" to be strictly read only -
including permissions.

Is the documentation intentionally changed to not make that promise anymore?

>> # dsync -R -o mail_home=/users/user/maildir backup ssh -c arcfour -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -i /root/.ssh/id-rsa-dsync source-host "dsync -o mail_home=/users/user/maildir"
>
> You should use -u user at domain parameter in both sides so it drops root privileges.

Yes... but the problem here is that the current userdb has accounts
which can be activated/de-activated and de-activating an account makes
the userdb act as it doesn't exist.
... which makes dsync skip it.

I realize that's a broken userdb, but the possible work-around was to
not do userdb lookups with dsync.

/Peter