Dovecot domain quota

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Sun Oct 12 22:08:03 UTC 2014

On 10/12/2014 01:28 PM, Filip Bartmann wrote:
> After running `doveadm quota recalc -A` I have in my db:
> -----------------------------------
> +-----------+--------+----------+
> | domain    | bytes  | messages |
> +-----------+--------+----------+
> | debian.jd | 505758 |       81 |
> +-----------+--------+----------+
> -----------------------------------
> whith is from accountbartmann at debian.jd  not both accounts at testing VPS domain debian.jd. The same is with quota enforcing - quota if enforced on the latter of the accounts in /etc/dovecot/users on testing machine or database in production machine.
>
> What I do wrong?
As I remember from previous conversations here, this is a limitation of
the current design.
The comment in example-config/conf.d/90-quota.conf says:
# Multiple quota roots are also possible, for example this gives each user
# their own 100MB quota and one shared 1GB quota within the domain
It doesn't really support accounting for the *sum* of *multiple storage
quotas* within a domain.
As a hack: you can just not run quota recalc ;-) or more realistically,
separately track user quotas individually (you really should!), and post
recalc immediately update the domain by running something like
update domain_quota set bytes=(select sum(bytes) from user_quota where
username like '%@debian.jd') where domain='debian.jd';