To dovecot-ee or not to dovecot-ee

Jens Dueholm Christensen JEDC at ramboll.com
Mon Oct 13 12:30:32 UTC 2014

Hi

At the moment I'm running an ageing 2.0.13 install that need to be upgraded and moved to new HW.

I was looking around, and saw that dovecot-ee is listed as a "free" (ie. 0$) product on dovecot.fi.

Apart from the need to register an account in order to "purchase" an -ee license, are there any cavats by switching to the -ee version compared to compiling and running the regular releases?

I've got no problems with downloading, building and installing the normal releases and I have no need for object storage, so will the -ee version give me anything else but access to a YUM repo and RPM packages?

Regards,
Jens Dueholm Christensen
Survey IT