Request to list owner

Professa Dementia professa at dementianati.com
Tue Oct 14 09:02:31 UTC 2014

On 10/14/2014 1:28 AM, Jorge Bastos wrote:

> Also the [Dovecot] on the subject would be handy.

The list used to do this.  I agree with you, and the matter was debated,
but the list is not a democracy and Timo, as the owner, changed the list
unilaterally.

The problem is that changing the subject conflicts with DKIM.  DKIM is a
broken standard for several reasons; it does not have allowances for
mailing lists to add their name to the subject - a very common and
useful practice - and these days spam filters do a far superior job than
DKIM, making it too little, too late.  I do not use DKIM and get no
spam.  That last spam I got was about 4 months ago, then another 2
months before that.  2 spams over the course of 6 months is pretty good,
and that is without DKIM.

Depending on your mail client, you can set up a filter that detects the
mailing-list headers and adds the name back to the subject line.  I do
something similar and it adds back the lost functionality. :-)

Best of luck.

Dem