Wiki advice on running getmail on INBOX access - how does that work?

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Sat Oct 18 18:50:55 UTC 2014

On 10/18/2014 02:38 PM, c128 mail wrote:
> > What exactly did happen?
>
> Oh, yeah, didn't make that clear ;-)
>
> Nothing happened...not without coaxing.
>
> If I forced a change to the directory, then it worked - but there
> wouldn't be a change to the directory in normal operation, other than
> by mail population?
It's not supposed to require changes. Note the IN_ALL_EVENTS definition.
This would include any attempt to open the directory and take a peek.
If you configured it according to the wiki and it's not working then we
have troubleshooting to do, but that's the theory.
I'm not familiar with incron but I've worked with Linux's inotify.