Released Pigeonhole v0.4.4 for Dovecot v2.2.15.
stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Oct 28 01:14:53 UTC 2014
Hello Dovecot users,
It's been about 5 months since the last Pigeonhole release, so it is
high time for a new one. However, the main reason to make a release now
is the fact that Dovecot v2.2.15 has one change that causes problems
with the previous release of Pigeonhole.
Unlike recent earlier releases, this release has a few big new features.
Most notably, I implemented a generic Sieve script storage framework.
This means that it is now relatively easy to implement a storage driver
to retrieve Sieve scripts from a location other than the file system. An
important effect of this new implementation is that these alternative
storage locations can also be used with sieve_before/sieve_after. Also,
storing Sieve scripts there using ManageSieve is also possible, provided
that the driver provides an implementation. I used the new framework to
implement an LDAP storage driver. However, it is read-only, which means
that it doesn't currently provide ManageSieve support.
Several bugs were fixed. The most nasty ones were related to the
doveadm-sieve plugin (which is one of the reasons why this release took
so long). The new script storage driver framework entailed large changes
in this plugin, so many of these problems were addressed implicitly.
Hopefully, all problems are solved now.
* Added support for Japanese mail addresses with dots at non-standard
places in localpart.
* Changed handling of ENOSPACE into a normal temporary failure and added
handling of ENOQUOTA as a user error.
* Restructured result execution, so that all actions which involve mail
storage are always committed before all others.
+ Implemented support for generic Sieve storages. Using alternative
storages now also possible for sieve_before/sieve_after.
+ Implemented storage driver for retrieving Sieve scripts from LDAP.
This currently cannot be used with ManageSieve.
+ Implemented sieve_redirect_envelope_from setting, which allows
configuring the envelope sender of redirected messages.
- Fixed handling of mail storage errors occurring while evaluating the
- Removed bogus ALERT response code returned for AUTHENTICATE
- Fixed handling of invalid initial response argument to AUTHENTICATE
- Fixed handling of stream errors in lexical scanner.
- Fixed handling of SMTP errors. Permanent and temporary errors were
- Fixed several problems reported by CLang 3.4.
- duplicate extension: Fixed erroneous compile error about conflicting
tags when `:handle' argument was used last.
- relational extension: Fixed error handling of `:value' match.
- editheader extension: Fixed header unfolding and header iteration.
- mailbox extension: Fixed the `:create' tag, which erroneously
subscribed an existing folder.
- extprograms plugin: Fixed handling of error codes.
- doveadm-sieve plugin: Fixed several bugs. Synchronization of symbolic
link in the file storage should now also work properly.
The release is available as follows:
Refer to http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org and the Dovecot v2.x wiki for
more information. Have fun testing this new release and don't hesitate
to notify me when there are any problems.
stephan at rename-it.nl
More information about the dovecot