Bug in the combination of Lazy_expunge and acl plugin

Philipp Faeustlin Philipp.Faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de
Thu Oct 30 15:28:58 UTC 2014

Hello Timo, Hello Dovecot Developers, Hello everyone on the list,

I think I have some bug, because I haven't found a working configuration
till now.

I use latest dovecot 2.2.13 from the dovecot-ee repository, with acl and
the lazy_expunge plugin.
My configuration for shared folders work fine with lazy_expunge disabled.

If I enable lazy_expunge and the user (named userA), which I'm testing
with, got no shared folders, then lazy_expunge is working as supposed.

Now I add some shared folder for example per doveadm:

doveadm acl set -u userB at domain.de INBOX user=userA at domain.de lookup
read write write-seen write-deleted insert expunge create

After that every list command fails with:
Fatal: lazy_expunge: Unknown namespace: '.EXPUNGED/'

'.EXPUNGED/' is the name for the namespace of lazy_expunge.

Easiest way for me to reproduce the error is:
doveadm mailbox list -u userA at domain.de

which results in:
-----------------
Trash
Drafts
Sent
doveadm(userA at domian.de): Fatal: lazy_expunge: Unknown namespace:
'.EXPUNGED/'

I hope someone can confirm this behavior and or give me some hints to
get rid of it.

Regards

Philipp Fäustlin