dsync full sync

Atıf CEYLAN mehmet at atifceylan.com
Mon Sep 1 12:41:46 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I have 2 question.

First:
I use dovecot (version 2.2.9) with mdbox mail format. When I run dsync
tool with "mirror" or "backup" parameters my source and destination
directory synchronize correctly but if I delete some messages in user
mailbox, deleted messages does not synced to destination.

For example :
atif at domain.com  path is /mail/domain.com/atif/ and its size is 1GB.
after first running the "dsync -u atif at domain.com backup
mdbox:/backup/domain.com/atif/" command, size of
"/backup/domain.com/atif/" is 1GB

I deleted 300mb messages in atif mailbox then /mail/domain.com/atif/ is
decreased to 700MB and I launched dsync command again. But
/backup/domain.com/atif/ is not decreased to 700Mb. My backup directory
still 1GB .

I tried dsync with "-f , backup, mirror" parameters.

Second problem, the first time the backup atif's quota size is
increasing to x2.
before backup : atif at domain.com quota size 1GB
after backup: atif at domain.com quota size 2GB

so I must run "doveadm quota recalc" command. Why?

What is correct usage of mdbox mail format and dsync tool?

--
M.Atıf CEYLAN