Configure Dovecot Master User

Listas@Adminlinux listas at adminlinux.com.br
Mon Sep 8 17:00:01 UTC 2014

Hi Clovis,

try something like this:

**In this example you should have your users in a MySQL database.

On /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-auth.conf file add this:

  # Master login <username>*master-user
  auth_master_user_separator = *
  # Use for master login
  passdb {
    args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql-master.conf.ext
    driver = sql
    master = yes
    pass = yes
  }

Create /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql-master.conf.ext file with this content:

  driver = mysql
  connect = host=<mysqlserverhostname.com> dbname=<database name>
user=<user> password=<pass>
  default_pass_scheme = MD5-CRYPT
  password_query = \
    SELECT Password AS password \
    FROM   Users \
    WHERE  User = 'master-user'

  user_query = \
    SELECT Password AS password \
    FROM   Users \
    WHERE  User = 'master-user'

To do tests:
  telnet your-dovecot-server.com 143
  AUTH LOGIN <user>*master-user <master-user password>

Good Luck
--
Thiago Henrique