Creating a backup of incoming mail

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Tue Sep 9 08:06:58 UTC 2014

Am 09.09.2014 um 09:05 schrieb LuKreme:

>> On 06 Sep 2014, at 18:20 , Will Yardley <dovecot.org at veggiechinese.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 09:33:52AM +0200, Patrick De Zordo wrote:
>>> To backup all mail (incoming and outgoing), BCC all mails, you could
>>> do the following..
>>
>>> Add to your "/etc/postfix/main.cf" the following:
>>> ---8<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> # Auto-Backup all mails
>>> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
>>> backuplmtp_destination_recipient_limit = 1
>>> lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = 1
>>> recipient_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/backup_bcc.pcre
>>> sender_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/backup_bcc.pcre
>>
>> Why not just use $always_bcc?
>
> Does that apply to INCOMING mail? (that's what I am trying to backup)

optional to

recipient_bcc_maps
sender_bcc_maps

you may use

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html
always_bcc (default: empty)

    Optional address that receives a "blind carbon copy" of each message
that is received by the Postfix mail system.

    Note: with Postfix 2.3 and later the BCC address is added as if it
was specified with NOTIFY=NONE. The sender will not be notified when the
BCC address is undeliverable, as long as all down-stream software
implements RFC 3461.

    Note: with Postfix 2.2 and earlier the sender will be notified when
the BCC address is undeliverable.

    Note: automatic BCC recipients are produced only for new mail. To
avoid mailer loops, automatic BCC recipients are not generated after
Postfix forwards mail internally, or after Postfix generates mail itself.

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG