Replication problem

Vincent ETIENNE ve at vetienne.net
Tue Sep 9 23:04:25 UTC 2014

Le 19/08/2014 10:34, Ve (HOME) a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm using mdbox and replication. Due to configuration error
> synchronization was not able to be done last week. Since then
> the problem has been corrected but synchronisation for some mailbox
> always failed in I/O stalled timeout for 600 seconds.
>
> The link between the two servers is quite slow and multiple sync are
> done in parallel leading to congested link.
>
> I can't replicate with rsync as change in the mdbox has been done on
> the two servers to get back to a working state.
>
> What do you think could be done to resynchronized the two dovecot
> server. Another question is what is this timeout ? Timeout of
> communication i.e no data received during 600 seconds ( to me that
> looks unlikely ) or 600 seconds for doing the full sync or 600 seconds
> for one mail sync.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vincent

Hi

After some digging, the problem is this 600 seconds timeout that in my
case is unsuffisant to transfer one big mail. So retry and ..; same
result.. and again and again

I have verify with strace that data is exchange continuously during the
sync between the two host but i can't succed in uploading the file
during that time.

Is there a way to configure this timeout ?

Eventually a manual sync with a  larger timeout  to restore replication
before limiting maximum size in postfix ?

Possibly a feature would be to have a shorter timeout but applied to the
transmission  ( ie. nothing receive during 30 sec = timeout )
or a timeout compuited base on size ( ie. 300 sec for 10 mo for example)

Any help appreciated

Vincent