preserving flags for shared mailbox when migrating from cyrus to dovecot

Teemu Huovila teemu.huovila at dovecot.fi
Wed Sep 10 11:49:25 UTC 2014

Hello

On 09/10/2014 02:20 PM, Jogi Hofmüller wrote:
> again no success.  The shared mailbox stays available and working but
> the flags will not be synced to the state they had on the original
> server.  I also tried it without -R but that didn't get me anywhere
> either and should be wrong anyways AFAICT.
>
> Any further ideas anyone or should I prepare our shared mailbox users
> that all their email will be unread after migration?
I looked at the dovecot -n output attached to your previous mail and I think I spotted some issues.
namespace {
  hidden = no
  inbox = no
  list = children
  location =
maildir:/srv/vmail/%%u/Maildir:INDEX=/srv/vmail/%u/shared/%%u:CONTROL=/srv/vmail/%u/shared/%%u:INDEXPVT=/srv/vmail/%u/shared/%%u
  prefix = shared.%%u.
  separator = .
  subscriptions = yes
  type = shared
}

The INDEX and INDEXPVT are identical, which means there is no private index. Having the CONTROL defined is also questionable. I
suggest you try defining location like this:

location = maildir:/srv/vmail/%%u/Maildir:INDEXPVT=/srv/vmail/%u/shared/%%u

Also, to make subscriptions work sensibly, set the shared namespace subscriptions = no and then add a placeholder namespace with
an empty prefix to contain just the private subscriptions:

namespace {
  prefix =
  hidden = yes
  list = no