outlook 2013

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Wed Sep 10 20:00:15 UTC 2014

> That’s odd. The one and only thing that Lookout does pretty well is IMAP.

After several hours scouring the net last night, I am surprised to hear
that.  Certainly has never been my experience with outlook, especially
2013...

> > is there some special trick that google is hiding from me?
>
> Not really.

I went in armed with a list of possible fixes and did battle with the
two machines today.  started by installing thunderbird and shutting off
outlook, which absolutely proved outlook was the problem; as soon as I
started up outlook again, thunderbird showed mails being created and
deleted every few seconds.  Went through my list, everything from A-W
(account settings to windows updates). So far so good, it's too early to
say it is fixed, but I am past the two hour mark now with no problems...