Dovecot replication

Hoggins! fuckspam at wheres5.com
Wed Sep 10 20:43:14 UTC 2014

Hello list,

I'm trying to achieve very simple replication, but I'm not sure if I'm
starting the good way. I have two Dovecot servers that use the same
GlusterFS storage. Of course, the indexes get corrupted eventually, even
if I apply an "NFS-like" configuration. So I'd like to synchronize my
two servers with each other. I'm trying to follow this page :
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Replication, but I have to admit that it's not
really self-explanatory.

I got several errors, so I decided to start fresh, and that is why I'm
not giving you any configuration, but I prefer asking if I have the
prerequisites.

The page states that my userdb should have "user listing", and that you
can check it by issuing `doveadm user '*'`. But I don't know what it's
supposed to produce, apart from my userlist (my userdb is the system
passwd file).

As my servers are located on the same private LAN, I decided I would not
go with the SSH replication solution, but with the simple mutual TCP
connection...

Maybe this is a wrong start. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance !