Re: Per-folder (per-mailbox) message expiration with control from client side — is it possible?

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Mon Sep 15 10:08:25 UTC 2014

Am 15.09.2014 um 11:50 schrieb Lev Serebryakov:
> On 15/09/2014 11:26, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>
>> i am not sure what exact you searching for if youre on linux try
>> look here
>
>> http://www.athensfbc.com/imap_tools/details.html
>   It looks like good toolset, but not solution,
>
>> http://imapsync.lamiral.info/
>
>> thunderbird also has plugins like
>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/awesome-auto-archive/
>
> I'm searching for solution like this, but running on server (from
> cron, by example) but I want configure it from client, like I
> configure sieve from Thunderbird.

like this

https://github.com/thsmi/sieve/blob/master/nightly/README.md
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/sieve ?

 Best solution will be to translate
> Thunderbird native settings to some server solution,

you mean some auto translation from thunderbird "local" filter rules to
server sieve rules ?

some other TB filter stuff is here

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/search/?q=filter&appver=&platform=

 as typing long
> folder (mailbox) names by hands (and I have hierarchy with depth of
> 5!) is error-prone, so it is better to have GUI for configuration
> which shows real folders (mailboxes). It is place where I prefer
> clicking to typing.

roundcube , horde-ingo has online gui sieve editors

>> however i would prefer doveadm expunge via ssh  or cron etc
>  It is solution too, but see part about configuration.

you may look too at

http://linux.die.net/man/5/imapfilter_config

i am not sure that an "exact" solution exists to what you ask for, guess
you have to to find a workaround practice or code something by your own

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG