dovecot doesn't see my mails ?

Dave Myers david.myers.24j74 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:30:41 UTC 2014

@Steffen,

Thanks for your input, and please excuse my clearly stupid questions.. ;)
> The files q1.. belong to ~/mail/new/ . Exim does not spool them as
> Maildir. I would recommend to use Dovecot LDA or LMTP.

where / how do I get that to work ?

I've added the required stuff to the dovecot and exim configs, but
clearly I need to install
dovecot-lmtpd (error message about not finding the executable)

However I needed to install dovecot from source (as I couldn't get the
server to accept backports ?). Any advice on upgrading / changing the
install ?

Can I simply make a copy of the whole of my config (which otherwise
works), then do the same install from a /deb source file for lmtpd, then
copy my config back to this location?

Or do you advise some other path for the upgrade ?

thanks.

David

--
Tel: