how to config dovecot from source with lmtp

Dave Myers david.myers.24j74 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 13:58:28 UTC 2014

Thanks for the quick reply,

Finaly I retried with
./configure --with-lmtp=yes

and suddenly I have lmtp in the /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/ directory.

On 19/09/14 15:34, Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> I'd say that the application is wrong:
>
> did you've updated the /etc/init.d script? Maybe it points to Debian's
> build still. Maybe you have some setting in your config you copied
> from Debian's build?
I have built from source, I did apt-get purge dovecot (or whatever it
is) before this, just to be sure I then removed any other dovecot
directories that I found.

And then of course there is a distinct lack of an init.d script for lmtp
? I'm not sure where I need to set the details for the location of the
lmtp file.
I guess I should be setting it in the
service lmtp{....}
section.
alternatively what should the contents of the lmtp init.d script be?

--
Tel:
   + 33 6 50 14 39 34

email: