SSL issues when proxying

Ralf Hildebrandt r at sys4.de
Thu Sep 25 12:37:12 UTC 2014

* lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de <lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de>:

> Zitat von Ralf Hildebrandt <r at sys4.de>:
>
> >I'm getting this in the log when proxying IMAP (three "valid
> >certificate" messages, two "Invalid certificate" messages)
> >
> >Why is dovecot (acting as a proxy to another dovecot instance here) not
> >recognizing the StartCom Extended Validation Server CA?
> >

> Forgot to include the matching intermediate CA maybe?

Certificate chain
 0 s:/C=DE/ST=Berlin/L=Berlin/postalCode=...
   i:/C=IL/O=StartCom Ltd./OU=StartCom Certification Authority/CN=StartCom Extended Validation Server CA
 1 s:/C=IL/O=StartCom Ltd./OU=StartCom Certification Authority/CN=StartCom Extended Validation Server CA
   i:/C=IL/O=StartCom Ltd./OU=Secure Digital Certificate Signing/CN=StartCom Certification Authority

Oh bloody hell. I do have "StartCom Extended Validation Server CA" but
not "StartCom Certification Authority".

MEH!

--
[*] sys4 AG