[Solved] How to configure dovecot imap to listen on multiple ports?

Rick Thomas rbthomas at pobox.com
Fri Sep 26 07:08:14 UTC 2014

I'm running Debian Wheezy with Dovecot version 2.1.7.   The following works for me:

------------- /etc/dovecot/local.conf -----------
service imap-login {
  inet_listener imap {
    #port = 143
  }
  inet_listener imaps {
    port = 7993
    ssl = yes
  }
  inet_listener imaps2 {
    port = 993
    ssl = yes
  }

  # Number of connections to handle before starting a new process. Typically
  # the only useful values are 0 (unlimited) or 1. 1 is more secure, but 0
  # is faster. <doc/wiki/LoginProcess.txt>
  #service_count = 1

  # Number of processes to always keep waiting for more connections.
  #process_min_avail = 0

  # If you set service_count=0, you probably need to grow this.
  #vsz_limit = $default_vsz_limit
}