Dovecot Sieve and Postfix header_checks Issue

Noel noeldude at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 14:51:52 UTC 2014

On 9/26/2014 9:27 AM, Klaipedaville on Google wrote:
>> /^Subject:.**{5}SPAM*{5}/                REJECT No spammers allowed here.
>> /^Subject:.*\*\*\*\*\*SPAM\*\*\*\*\*/    REJECT No spammers allowed.
>> /\s**{5}SPAM*{5}/                        REJECT No spamming
>> hullababballos allowed.
>> I think it may be this one above. From the postfix manuals"By default, matching is case-insensitive, and newlines are not treated as special characters. The behavior is controlled by flags, which are toggled by appending one or more of the following characters after the pattern: *i* (default: on) Toggles the case sensitivity flag. By default, matching is case insensitive."
> Case insensitive is declared by putting this /i at the end of a rule.
> Postfix has nothing to do with regular expressions (regexp) and regexp is not controlled by postfix.

Not true.  Postfix regexp (and pcre) matches are case insensitive by
default, adding the /i flag makes them case sensitive.  This should
be quite clear in the postfix docs quoted above.  This documented
default behavior may be different from other software you're
familiar with.

You're welcome to discuss postfix header checks further on the
postfix-users list.

  -- Noel Jones