Dovecot Sieve and Postfix header_checks Issue

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Sep 26 17:00:09 UTC 2014

Am 26.09.2014 um 18:29 schrieb Alex Crow:
> Reindl,
> I respecfully disagree with (a) at least for the UK. It may be the case in Germany but I'll be damned if I'm going
> to give up on my Mailscanner - tuned over the years enough that we've never had a legit mail get canned.

I respecfully disagree - why can't it run before-queue
as spamassassin does with sa-milter and in combination
with a wise postscreen/postfix setup faces only 5%
of all mail sicne the rest got washed away before?

> Anyway, that's enough for me otherwise this is going to turn into a flamewar rather than informational

well, i would not want to be in danger one of my
mails got silently dropped and was a false positive

frankly, i was in that situation because using a
"Barracuda Spamfirewall" and expecting a sane
behavior (reject in case of spam) and it took
years to find out it was not the case and needed
to be replaced because *in fact* it silently
dropped way too much of my own messages as well
as from other users too

you just don't know about false positives because
not every mail is missed by somebody which don't
imply it was junk

frankly while replace that commercial mails i had
mail-discussions where i personally did not miss
a few messages until the other side talked about
a message in the same thread i never saw