Dovecot Sieve and Postfix header_checks Issue

Klaipedaville on Google klaipedaville at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 10:01:01 UTC 2014

>Reindl:
>that's no problem because with RBL weighting and postscreen you reject 95% of the crap before it ever touchs smtpd or even the contentfilter that stats below are about a maillog starting with Sep 18 19:50:39
>for some hundrest domains and currently 2000 valid RCPT, if the contentfilter has to handle most of your incoming flow you made a mistake by not reject earlier with "cheaper" methods
>
>that part never touched the contentfilter
>
>Invalid User:      3074
>Disallowed User:   2
>Reject Postscreen: 148451
>Reject Postfix:    6225
>Blacklist:         144880
>Pregreet:          5143
>Protocol Error:    1607
>Helo:              190
>Sender Blocked:    200
>Sender Invalid:    229
>Sender Spoofed:    847
>PTR Missing:       1347
>PTR Generic:       319
>
>Connections:       185848
>Delivered:         20293
>Invalid User:      3074
>Disallowed User:   2
>Reject Postscreen: 148451
>Reject Postfix:    6225
>Reject Temporary:  507
>Blacklist:         144880
>Pregreet:          5143
>Protocol Error:    1607
>Spamfilter:        2297
>Virus:             115
>Helo:              190
>Subject:           42
>Sender Blocked:    200
>Sender Invalid:    229
>Sender Spoofed:    847
>PTR Missing:       1347
>PTR Generic:       319

That sounds interesting. Since you are German and most probably are an expert on before-queue filtering could you advise if it is actually possible to use both before-queue and after-queue filtering? Since it is the Dovecot list I would be curious to know how to do it Dovecot Sieve way. That is my Postfix passes it over to Dovecot for delivery but all the milters work with Postfix directly and my passing delivery over to Dovecot should theoretically simply disable any before-queue filters. I ran a few tests and it did not work for the reason I have just mentioned, because it is piped to dovecot.