Dovecot Sieve and Postfix header_checks Issue

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Sep 27 13:43:47 UTC 2014

Am 27.09.2014 um 15:34 schrieb Alex Crow:
> Wasnt that productive?

i would call it funny :-)

> I'm hoping the hubris will lead to some self-realisation later but I doubt it

forget it

> Also felt like he was testing us, posting regexes for us to look
> at and then when we pointed out the errors in them suddenly
> declaring they were deliberate errors for testing!

i doubt

looking at the subject mixing two complete different layers of a
mail system points out clueless from the very beginning and every
time i say the truth which is "do not run a mailserver without
qualification and real understanding" i am the bad ass everywhere

such people are responsible for a lot of spam out there because
filter out customer-ranges with potential zombies is easy, but
mailservers maintained by people lacking the knowledge how to
verify that the configuration does what they think is hard

there are two ways to run a mailserver

* knowing what you are doing
* don't do it