Install process breaks its self by design

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Thu Apr 2 00:47:10 UTC 2015

On 04/01/2015 07:53 PM, Merlin at Desktop Masters wrote:
> Correct
> Correct
> Correct
>
> And when I went to the page it lead me here.  Whomever is making the
> .deb packages needs to be made aware of this.  Can you please point me
> into a direction?

The issue with ssl certificates has been a long, painful and complicated
saga, occurring mostly upstream (Debian) and with one change apparently
on the Ubuntu side as well.
You should review the Debian change log to see the current status of
this (there have been changes) and before you make any suggestions, try
to familiarize yourself with what has been tried up until now and what
the problems were. Read through the Debian change log and see where ssl
is mentioned, and look at the cited bug reports by browsing to
https://bugs.debian.org/<bug number>

Have fun!

http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/d/dovecot/dovecot_2.2.9-1ubuntu5/changelog

https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/d/dovecot/changelog-1%3A2.2.13-11

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/dovecot.git/log/

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/dovecot.git/tree/debian/dovecot-core.README.Debian

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Debian/Bugs

You should probably work this out with Debian rather than Ubuntu.