sa-learn with remote Dovecot folders

Andreas Kasenides andreas.kasenides at cs.ucy.ac.cy
Fri Apr 3 10:13:49 UTC 2015

Hi all!

The set-up I have is a classic one:
1. one or more Dovecot relay/directors Postfix SMTP servers in DMZ
2. one or more backend IMAP/SMTP servers on the inside network
3. There may or may not be separate incoming or outgoing designated SMTP
servers.
Now the desired functionality is (of course):
1. relay machines receive messages from outside AND inside
2. relays check for all the bad things (spam, viruses etc).
3. for incoming messages relays check for valid local users and reject
messages for invalid users
4. after all checks are done incoming messages are transferred to the
backend systems where they are accessed via the Dovecot directors

While all the above works nicely, the problem I have is how to train my
spamassassin (used by amavisd) on the front ends when all messages are
on the back ends. Of course transferring the spam detection procedures
internally is not such a great option.Am I missing something? I tried
googling for info but nothing substantial turned up.

Thanks.

--
Andreas Kasenides
Senior IT Officer