speaking of sieve scripts... how to selectively not send vacation autoreply

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Sat Apr 4 08:02:44 UTC 2015

Don't need to block anyone like in the "Re: Dovecot Oy merger with
Open-Xchange AG" thread, but when I have my vacation recipie active, I'd like
it to NOT reply to certain addresses.

I tried the following, you can see the section with

    if header :contains "addressIdontwant at repliedtoo.tld"

is commented out, once I'd added that section, no Vacation messages went out
at all.  Googling and reading the wiki and recipie suggestions doesn't make
it clear how to exempt a list of addresses from ever receiving a vacation
response.  Suggestions on additional reading or solutions?

    require ["fileinto", "vacation"];
    if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "Subject" "**SPAM**"  {
            fileinto "Trash";
            stop;
    }

    #if header :contains "addressIdontwant at repliedtoo.tld" {
    #       stop;
    #}

    vacation
      # Reply at most once a day to a same sender
      :days 1
      :subject "Changes to email addresses effective Jan 01/15"
      # List of recipient addresses which are included in the auto replying.
      # If a mail's recipient is not on this list, no vacation reply is sent for
    it.
      :addresses ["user at repliedtoo.tld"]

This is on a Dovecot 1.x system that is slated for an upgrade soon.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting Ltd.