Calendar and address book with Dovecot

Giedrius Liubavičius giedrius at liubavicius.lt
Fri Apr 10 09:39:29 UTC 2015

2015.04.10 09:03, Matthias Fechner rašė:
> Am 09.04.2015 um 18:46 schrieb mimicafe at gmail.com:
>> What other software (ideally open source, free) do I need in other to have
>> Calendar and address book so my users can manage their contact on their
>> phones or computer? I have looked at Roundcube already, but my requirement
>> is not necessarily to provide web mail.
> check in addition to dovecot owncloud.org. Both in combination with
> roundcube is working fine.

    Correction. It is working fine up to the point when you want to use
AD......     and by using AD, I mean:
    you either use AD logins, or ownCloud (probably email based)
ones...... (nobody wants to use separate accounts: {AD} one for data
sharing and {email based} other for cal / addr book)
    But this implies a problem with constantly changing passwords {for
CalDav / CardDav} on mobile devices / email clients etc....
    (dovecot's own IMAP CalDav / CardDav support because of this mess
would be SUPER)

    [OT] if anyone is interested I have dirty, but quite good SSO login
addon + patch for ownCloud's seamless auhentication with AD, *if* any
computer is connected to the AD {user has Kerberos ticket}