Disabling of userdb/passdb modules using config statements

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Fri Apr 10 12:39:41 UTC 2015

On 04/10/2015 08:28 AM, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> That is correct, though as I don't want to ever be asked about such
> things, I am looking for a nicer solution and suggested the 'enabled =
> false' option for these kind of situations.

If you have many boxes then I'll assume you have already tested your
upgrade path and you have some solid reasons to assume the new version
will upgrade smoothly and you have already done the necessary
preparations, and you're only missing the information about how to
manage these prompts.

http://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/09/21/debian-conffile-configuration-file-managed-by-dpkg/

Once again, a config file only needs to be replaced if it has actually
changed upstream, and most of the changes upstream are commented out
because 90% of dovecot config files is commented out, either actual
comments or commented-out settings that serve only to document the defaults.

If upgrading from e.g. 2.2.15 to 2.2.16, chances are you can totally
skip all config file changes. If upgrading from 2.1, you have bigger
problems than this. Keep things in perspective :-)