Calendar and address book with Dovecot

Márcio Merlone marcio.merlone at a1.ind.br
Fri Apr 10 16:46:04 UTC 2015

On 09-04-2015 17:44, J. Echter wrote:
> Am 09.04.2015 um 18:46 schrieb mimicafe at gmail.com:
>> What other software (ideally open source, free) do I need in other to have
>> Calendar and address book so my users can manage their contact on their
>> phones or computer? I have looked at Roundcube already, but my requirement
>> is not necessarily to provide web mail.
> SOGo?
>
> www.sogo.nu

+1

We have SOGo providing shared calendars and contacts for 100+ users,
using Thunderbird + Lightning and SOGo extensions. It has a
full-featured web interface for mail, calendar and contacts.

My boss once said he wanted MS-Exchange no matter what cost. Once we got
the quotation (within the price range he asked for) we scheduled a
briefing to demo its functionalities and features. After that day he
realized we already have all we need and never mentioned it again. SOGo
also implements MS-ActiveSync protocol, so you can use native Android
and iOS features as if it were an MS-Exchange server.

We run Postfix + Dovecot (with sieve) + SOGo

--
*Marcio Merlone*