special_use folders

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Mon Apr 13 01:05:38 UTC 2015

On 04/12/2015 08:08 PM, Roman Gelfand wrote:
> My setup is postfix mail gateway/spamassassin on one machine and dovecot
> mail box server on another machine.
>
> Will the following configuration work?
>
> 1.  On the mail gateway, I install dovecot-lmtp and use it to deliver
> locally spam.
> 2.  On the mailbox server, I configure special use junk folder to point
> mail gateway's spam folder via nfs.
>
> If this is correct, how can I configure special use folder to point to a
> path (variable based on email) which is different from default path?
>
> If there is a different way to handle this, I would interested.
>
> Thanks in advance

Do you have some special motivation here? It's not quite clear in your post.
Why would you want to store junk mail on the gateway box and not just
deliver it along with everything else?
If you do need to have a folder in separate storage, that can be done
with namespaces, see http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Namespaces