quota_over_flag examples?

E.B. emailbuilder88 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 01:07:37 UTC 2015

Thanks you so much for your reply--

> > Anyone knows how to use this flag with postfix *making postfix send
> > special reject* "user over quota" note instead of plain SMTP reject??
> > Is an additional database lookup (restriction class?) unavoidable? :(
>
> I don't actually use this, but try perhaps:
> https://sys4.de/en/blog/2013/04/08/postfix-dovecot-mailbox-quota/
> And perhaps search the mailing list for "quota-status" for more info.

That's not the same. Strange but I never found quota-status docs on
Dovecot wiki nowhere!    Anyway, I think quota_over_flag is new and
possibly Timo replacing quota-status with this flag now? It's easier
I think to use this flag as a smtpd restriction in postfix and not have
to do a policy lookup.

However, it would be more nice on the postfix side to do only one
lookup including the user lookup and the quota_over_flag but I
don't know if I can do that and be able to give reject message that
is particular to accounts over quota.

> > PS Looks like it is tricky almost impossible to make postfix do rejects
> > based on this flag for aliases.  (Special query would be a little messy
> > for our schema but i dunno at what point postfix resolves aliases?)
>
> Tough one. It gets more complicated: What about aliases expanding to
> multiple recipients?

Good point!!!!!! Maybe best to let aliases cause bounces like in
years before. SMTP reject for real accounts only is still a improvemtn.