Potentially breaking dict-proxy (dict-sql) backwards compatibility

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 17 09:36:34 UTC 2015

Looks like the dict-proxy code doesn't currently do escaping newlines properly, but it still accidentally happens to work, because the data is stored in the escaped form. I'm thinking about fixing this, but this might break somebody's existing dict usage. But then again maybe nobody is actually using it now, especially because it hasn't been working exactly as expected. So, can anybody tell me if they're currently using a combination of:

 - dict proxy (especially to dict sql)
 - containing values which can contain LFs (or TABs)

I guess this mainly means storing Sieve scripts or IMAP METADATA to SQL. Or maybe somebody is using dict (via proxy) for their own purposes?..