Installing fts-solr on dovecot (centos 6) - [request for help]

Christian Kivalo ml+dovecot at valo.at
Sat Apr 18 17:49:21 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-18 19:23, Kevin Laurie wrote:
> Hello,
Hello,
> I have been trying to get full-text-search on dovecot. I followed the
> tutorial on this site:-
> https://extremeshok.com/6622/enabling-apache-solr-4-10-using-jetty-with-dovecot-2-2-for-fulltext-search-results-on-centos-6-iredmail-compatible/
>
> The instruction on the page here seems wrong:-
> sed -i -e 's|mail_plugins = quota|mail_plugins = quotann# Enable fts
> fts_solr plugin globally for Solr Full Text Search
> Indexingnmail_plugins = $mail_plugins fts fts_solrnnplugin {nfts =
> solrn#break-imap-search will use solr for indexing TEXT and BODY
> searches.nfts_solr = break-imap-search
> url=http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/nfts_autoindex = yesn}|'
> /etc/dovecot.conf

it seems the \ is missing in front of some "n"s therefore your missing
some newlines...

> I would appreciate if someone could help correct the parameters for
> the dovecot.conf output shown below. Please help.
>

> [root at mail tmp]# cat /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
>
> # Listen addresses.
> #   - '*' means all available IPv4 addresses.
> #   - '[::]' means all available IPv6 addresses.
> # Listen on all available addresses by default
> listen = * [::]
>
> #base_dir = /var/run/dovecot
> mail_plugins = quotann# Enable fts fts_solr plugin globally for Solr
> Full Text Search Indexingnmail_plugins = $mail_plugins fts
> fts_solrnnplugin {nfts = solrn#break-imap-search will use solr for
> indexing TEXT and BODY searches.nfts_solr = break-imap-search
> url=http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/nfts_autoindex = yesn} acl

the above should read with proper newlines:
#base_dir = /var/run/dovecot
mail_plugins = quota

# Enable fts fts_solr plugin globally for Solr Full Text Search Indexing
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins fts fts_solr

plugin {
fts = solr
     #break-imap-search will use solr for indexing TEXT and BODY
searches.
     fts_solr = break-imap-search url=http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/
     fts_autoindex = yes
} acl

> protocol lmtp {
>     # Log file
>     info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-lmtp.log
>
>     # Plugins
>     mail_plugins = quotann# Enable fts fts_solr plugin globally for
> Solr Full Text Search Indexingnmail_plugins = $mail_plugins fts
> fts_solrnnplugin {nfts = solrn#break-imap-search will use solr for
> indexing TEXT and BODY searches.nfts_solr = break-imap-search
> url=http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/nfts_autoindex = yesn} sieve
>     postmaster_address = postmaster
>
>     lmtp_save_to_detail_mailbox = yes
>     recipient_delimiter = +
and again correct the above part of your config

# Plugins
mail_plugins = quota

# Enable fts fts_solr plugin globally for Solr Full Text Search Indexing
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins fts fts_solr

plugin {
     fts = solr
     #break-imap-search will use solr for indexing TEXT and BODY
searches.
     fts_solr = break-imap-search url=http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/
     fts_autoindex = yes
} sieve
     postmaster_address = postmaster

my config looks as above and its working fine.

hth
  -c