doveadm-server hangs with 100% cpu usage

Dennis Kuhn d.kuhn at heinlein-support.de
Mon Apr 20 16:10:43 UTC 2015

we have some replication issues. From time to time a doveadm-server
process takes 100% cpu in the state recv_mailbox_tree_deletes on the
replica. The process runs forever until it is manually killed. Strace on
this process doesn't show anything.
Sometimes we have several doveadm-server processes in this state, all
for the same account, all with 100% CPU Load.

The logfile on the master says:
 Error: Timeout during state=recv_mailbox_tree
 Error: dsync(dobby5.heinlein-support.de): I/O has stalled, no activity
for 600 seconds

My workaround is to delete the user directory on the replica  so that
the whole account is replicated again. This solves the problem for this
specific account.

The dovecot version is 2.2.15 on the master and 2.2.16 on the replica.

Dennis Kuhn
--
Heinlein Support GmbH
Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-57
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,