quota_over_flag examples?

Péter Márton marton.peter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 05:50:45 UTC 2015

>> That's not the same. Strange but I never found quota-status docs on
>> Dovecot wiki nowhere!    Anyway, I think quota_over_flag is new and
>> possibly Timo replacing quota-status with this flag now?
>
> Can anyone confirm this is true?

I don't want to speak in the name of others, but I think that
quota-status doesn't fit in the Dovecot "world". It contradicts the
tenet of "Dovecot don't have to know about email addresses", because
Postfix sends email addresses with Policy-requests. And yes, you can
make it work somehow even if your mailbox names are not email
addresses,  but IMHO it won't be as fast (or as secure) as a db query
by Postfix.

Peter