Dovecot/Pigeonhole Issue (UTC modtime instead of localtime)

Christoph Gröver grover at sitepark.com
Tue Aug 4 15:03:17 UTC 2015

Hello ML, Hello Stephan,

> Hmm. Probably, the timezone configuration (i.e. the contents of TZ
> timezone environment variable) somehow doesn't reach the final stages
> of e-mail delivery.

Well. I tried several ways of telling the lda or whatever is setting up
the INTERNALDATE to use the CEST +0200.
Although it is already setup on the server via a symlink
from /etc/localtime to /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Berlin, I defined it
at several stages, for example globally and for the account of the
virtual user of the mails. But all of it to no avail.
It just keeps getting a mtime in the past.

So I actually had to patch the sources. I commented out the utime calls
of src/lib-storage/index/maildir/maildir-save.c .
This way the file gets the correct mtime.

Still the clients saw the wrong INTERNALDATE.
I also had to completely disable writing a index.cache by dovecot.

Both are not ideal in my opinion. I'd still prefer a real solution.
But for the moment I had to do it because my users became "desperate".

If you have any ideas left, please tell me. I'd still like to here them.

Thank you.

Greetings

--
Sitepark Gesellschaft für Informationsmanagement mbH
Rothenburg 14-16, 48143 Münster

Telefon: +49 251 482655-0, Telefax: +49 251 482655-55
http://www.sitepark.com
http://www.facebook.com/sitepark

Geschäftsführer: Thorsten Liebold
Amtsgericht Münster, HRB 5017