Dovecot sieve pigeonhole permission

Gerhard Wiesinger lists at wiesinger.com
Wed Aug 5 12:04:56 UTC 2015

On 05.08.2015 13:06, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Aug 2015, Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:
>

>> I'm running dovecot in a classical vmail.vmail setup with pigeonhole
>> and LMTP. Permission worked well in the initial setup but currently
>> (maybe after Fedora 22 update) I'm having the following permission
>> issue:
>>
>> lmtp(root): Error: 7fPZFOL9wFXePQAABcdabc: sieve: binary open: failed
>> to open: open(/etc/dovecot/sieve_after.svbin) failed: Permission
>> denied (euid=9999(vmail) egid=9999(vmail) missing +r perm:
>> /etc/dovecot/sieve_after.svbin, we're not in group 0(root), dir owned
>> by 0:0 mode=0755)
>
> Did you honored the error log and added the read permission for the
> vmail user, which most likely means:
>
> chmod a+r /etc/dovecot/sieve_after.svbin

Yes, I read it but I didn't like to give read permissions for all. Isn't
there a better designed solution available?
Nevertheless it works by setting the read permissions for all ...

>> lmtp(root): Error: 7fPZFOL9wFXePQAABcdabc: sieve: binary save: failed
>> to create temporary file:
>> open(/etc/dovecot/sieve_after.svbin.myserver.mydomain.15838.) failed:
>> Permission denied (euid=9999(vmail) egid=9999(vmail) missing +w perm:
>> /etc/dovecot, dir owned by 0:0 mode=0755)
>> lmtp(root): Error: 7fPZFOL9wFXePQAABcdcbc: sieve: The LDA Sieve
>> plugin does not have permission to save global Sieve script binaries;
>> global Sieve scripts like `/etc/dovecot/sieve_after.sieve' need to be
>> pre-compiled using the sievec tool
>
> Did you compiled the script manually as described in the error log?

Yes, I did, but didn't work because of the missing read permissions for all.

Ciao,
Gerhard

--
http://www.wiesinger.com/